Tuesday 11 May 2010

On any Sunday

So this post pretty much covers my racing, riding antics which usually take place at the weekend but there is always room for the odd mid week cheeky ride.

I missed out on last weeks regional race due to my on going knee problems and now long suffering sciatica which flairs up every so often. So I made up for it over this weekend with a Friday evening session at Mildenhall play track.  This was just the ticket after a long week at work, a perfect start to the weekend and I am loving that place right now, totally getting into the peaky harsh lips on the second straight doubles and riding the whole place super fast.  Just hope the track stands up to the weather, there's signs of it crumbling already!

Managed another ride on Saturday, so headed out to Royston for a solo session.  This track is still a bit stuck in the 80's with it's bumpy dirt burms and unpredictable surface, but a good time was had and the feeling of dirt under your tyres when carving around a corner instead of tarmac which can feel very stale is a real treat.

I had every intention to ride on Sunday which would have made for a pretty BMX-full weekend but my legs were feeling the last couple of days, so I chose to rest and catch up on some chores in the house safe in the knowledge that I made the most of the good weather.

Just need to stay fit for next Fridays sessions and then racing at Dagenham on Sunday.

No comments: