Tuesday 25 May 2010

On any Sunday; Dagenham in the sun

The sun was out and we were racing!
Thoroughly enjoyed this track, very similar to Braintree's new build but with loose and dusty berms for extra entertainment.
Huge turnout of riders for this inter-regional between the south and east, 244 or there abouts, thank god for pre-registration!
My racing this year is just for fun, I'm no where near as fit as I was last year and with my downsizing to a 20" from the 24" I'm not expecting any big wins.  Riders only got a short amount of pre-race practise which was a little disappointing but I guess it was the same for everyone, well that's what the officials kept saying.
I felt I had a surprising good pull on the first straight then it felt like I was going backwards as riders jostled for that all important  line into the first turn and I just couldn't quite hang in there.
I ended up getting 3rd in the B final so not to bad all things considered.
Evan loved the track but struggled in his class, he was the first back on the track after all the racing had finished and with determination he got air born over the speed jump on the first straight.  It was great to see this piece of pure bicycle enjoyment after such a long day and hard racing for a 10yr old.
You can read about the rest of the team and there antics here it was a real doozy!
 Going through the tripples into the first turn during my B final, I'm on the far right, the leader is just out of shot ( he had quite a lead on us!)

Photo by Rebecca

No comments: