Tuesday 11 May 2010

Photography

Back when cameras used a thing called film, I had in my possession a Practika BMS 35mm SLR.  This was a very well built German piece of kit, but with no auto setting, no preview button in fact nothing much to indicate how the photo would turn out, you could easily use a whole roll of film and only end up with one decent shot.  You had to do the sums and set everything manually, well for some strange reason I miss that part of photography!

I recently purchased a Canon Powershot G11, a high end digital zoom compact which boasts all the manual setting and features of a DSLR including the option to shoot in RAW image, but in a more compact size.  The fact it's compact means it's going everywhere with me, a must if you actually want to just take photo's.

I do have a feeling that the auto setting may get used a little though, well it would be rude not to!

Whilst still finding my way round the camera I took it to a local BMX race and here are some of the first shots taken.

No comments: