Friday 11 June 2010

cheeky trail

Well, I've been putting the miles in on the XC bike and actually commuting to work too.
Think I'm coming round to the idea of SPD's, as I slowly get used to them, still not sure about tackling more tech trail riding and stuff, but I guess all that will come in time.  Why I didn't get them years ago I really don't know.

I found a nice little trail that runs from a village near my town right through to near Cambridge City which is about 13 miles away.  Most of the terrain involves following footpaths and bridleways through and around fields which isn't the most exciting riding but still it's always great to be out.  One of the things that made it so good was not having to pack the car, drive, unpack the bikes, pack the bikes, drive, unpack.....

For some reason only known to me, I chose to live in a part of the country that doesn't have much to offer on my doorstep, in the way of XC or any other off road cycling pursuits and having to drive to get to the fun places can be annoying.


No comments: