Wednesday 23 June 2010

Mission to Norwich!

A couple of weekends ago I was determined to make things 'happen' on the BMX. I wasn't attending the National BMX race at my local track in Braintree so I really felt the need to make the weekends riding count.
The loose plan was to get on top of Norwich's 3rd straight, I had this in my head all week and was feeling confident.  Me and Evan set out mid afternoon on Saturday with a quick stop in Bury Town to pick up Jonny on the way.  The essential Black Sabbath 'Greatest Hits' on cassette was the chosen in flight entertainment, this tape has been with me for around fifteen years, it has been the chosen tune for many riding trips, it has all the ingredients to get you pumped for some MX action, it never fails!
On the whole it was a pretty successful trip with me managing to pop the first double after a step up step down jump thanks to Jonny towing me round, although I didn't make a real smooth landing it all feels within reach.
We returned last weekend but the weather was against us, crazy northerly winds and rain showers, curse the British weather!

No comments: